Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where to now for Vic Purkiss?

Vic has always pretty much been in the shadow of Kent Parker, shadow and influence of course. It's obvious that Kent is the leader who probably made a fairly credible impact on Vic at an early stage although I believe their friendship goes back some time. You could judge Vic as considering himself a bit of a bother boy, the brawn to Kent's apparent 'brains.' So if that's the deal how successful has the leadership been?

Not very obviously, taking into account they're both being sued and have made no progress with a defence even after 2 years. I've read one of the earlier Judgements for amendments and strike outs and Kent frankly has no idea which way is up. He's also obviously refusing to take any legal advice offered and can't afford counsel. No blame on the later, but sheer stupidity on the former. Throughout all this he must be feeding Vic a line, and, well, Vic's swallowing it with increasing difficulty going by the radio 'interview' where the interviewer was some kind of raving lunatic mocking them one minute and bursting into speeches the next. Not only that, but there were earlier indications, that Vic didn't really want any trouble. He had an opinion, a belief even but didn't want that to become life dominating as it now has. We've all noted Parker' statements and claims that he later backs away from or doesn't fulfil, Vic would  have noticed those as well - particularly the claim that Kent would never spend one minute 'in Court with that man.'

Kent is so inexperienced or such a bull crapper that he thinks when Karam consents to a request for a settlement conference that it's something more than routine for High Court or District Court civil proceedings for Judges to encourage settlement. It's clear to me Karam will only settle on his terms, as he has plainly done with Trade Me. A pig payout I'd estimate to be around $500,000 with 60% of that being costs. Vic will be now thinking about that settlement and perhaps finally understand if the guys with millions at their disposal settled it wasn't because they didn't have the money. He'll also know that there was no effective issue on whether or not the defamatory statements were defamatory or not, that finally it was accepted that they were and then in the next step TM accepted they were the publisher despite their message board rules and self-'indemnity.'

That's where it becomes an even bleaker picture for Vic because his posts on TM were among those 'agreed' to have been part of the settlement bond as defamatory. In other words TM traded out on Purkiss's own defamatory statement, with their site accepting that they were defamatory. That being the very last position TM ever hoped to be in but upon which they saw if they didn't settle it would cost them a hell of a lot more than my estimates. So Vic is going to war on argument that has already been lost, you could call it a suicide mission and for what? For nothing, because he will lose all chance of negotiating away out for himself and his family. So his own family will pay the price for his blind following of Parker and for not showing caution and decency to others over matters he didn't understand.

Vic will know that I've written to Kent a couple of times offering to negotiate a way out for him from the defamation wrangle. Now maybe it is time for Vic to consider taking the first step toward a settlement not in the High Court of Auckland in the next few weeks where their judgement could be struck out and all will be lost, but before then. A question would be why would I offer to help. The answer is helping settle this would restore a situation that should have prevailed for David Bain when he was found not guilty, people could have opinions but they didn't have to be driven by hate and lies, language could have been tempered and people maintain their rights to go on about their own business without being harassed by virtual strangers who also sought trespass into families and friends of those they targeted. But most of all it would probably be because I told Vic, Kent and others what might happened and they laughed. I'm not looking to laugh last or any other such trivial nonsense by return, but it the small part of me that is a fighter that drew the line and who has defended it - that would be some satisfaction when the chips were down and people being sent to my house 'to sort me out.'

So if you read this Vic, you'll know I've stuck with everything I ever said on this matter and never made an offer that isn't genuine. Your next question is why would Karam listen to me. Yes, why would he? But he did listen when I spoke to him about Trade Me, and about Counterspin as you now know. So he would listen now I'm confident if only because he is a business man. He knows there is no financial reward from his endeavours against you that could match the costs even though he obviously prepared to bear them, more so  now because 2 organisations far bigger than Parker and Purkiss enterprises did so from pockets far deeper that you or I may have. But there's something else about the man, he's bloody fair. He's aware that sometimes these things might be settled for a 'penny.' But that the penny might have various elements. One
I imagine would be closing down the hate-sites and undertaking a bond on that, another rightfully (and we can see that from Trade Me) would be an apology, some frank information he might require or be interested in, a 'penny' or some amount not too restrictive to your own future, maybe a handshake and a look in the eye.

Sound far fetched Vic. It did to Marissa Flowerday of Trade Me and look how much that has cost because she knew better. So why not try. Why not be the leader, offer Kent the opportunity to come along if you wish, or simply say you need to give this a go. What have you got to lose, a bloody mountain I would say. What have you got to gain, your own life back and in the process other peoples lives back that you have effected. I'm happy to meet you or talk to you Vic at my own cost, if it works out maybe there is something you could pay me back - who knows? But this could go away very quickly if not for you and Parker then certainly for you. Very quickly. If you think I'm tricking you or have something to gain, contact me and tell me what it is. If you want to progress this, sincerely, then offer me the challenge and see if I let you down or if I just give you a fair go. Think about it Vic, but don't be too slow.



4 comments:

  1. Please Mr Nostalgia sir, i din't mean it an' I never meant any 'arm. It was just a bit of fun, like - stickin' the boot in, know wot I mean? It was that other bloke wot made me do it. 'E's so clever and all. An Trev, too, 'e seemd a funny sort of bloke and was getting right stuck in. Those cops wot I play rugby wiv' too - they told me wot to fink an' all. See, not used to finking for myself, like. Know wot I mean? We did 'ave a larf! See, I'm not used to 'aving to fink about wot I say. Out of practice, like. I let other people do that for me, like. 'Er indoors ain't 'alf miffed wiv' me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen here sparkler I know it was the other bloke wot made you done it, but he's not ya mate is he cos he's wearing ya twede coats and bit and pieces. He'll sell ya out for haf a penny, he leave ya naked on the corner as the day when you first got ya bot smacked. Do ya self a fav and puts his weights up, some where round his gonads if he's got any. As a matter of ya bizo report back on that cos I got a bet going with old melba the guvna's knock. She reckons she can tell by the way he walks funny like, and ya don't want missus thinking you like blokes that walk funny at your age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Vic. He just knew Robin Bain was innocent once he heard about the 'full bladder'. Does the fact that Vic has now lost control of his own bladder mean he is guilty? You can guarantee that is what happened when he first heard Trade Me were not going to fight their battle for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another organisation they also managed to 'help' get sued also told them to take a hike, but Kent doesn't advertise that. It might effect the few dollars that are coming in decreasing numbers.

    ReplyDelete